(More than) Dust on the Ground

So, Winter Storm Nika didn't turn out to be as c-r-a-z-y as anticipated. We did get a lot of snow, at least by February standards, but certainly not a lot of snow when it comes to Nebraska standards.

the high today was 2 degrees so I didn't even bother
to open the screen door for a decent picture. sorry.

I don't know if anything will ever beat the NE Winter Storm of 1997 -- I know I was only 6 or 7 years old at that point, but the storm hit in October, catching everyone off guard, and we got a total of like 14 inches or something like that. Plus, as a 7 year old, I was terrified because our power was out for like a week. Look, there's even a (crappy) Wikipedia page about it.

David and I have been hard at work on our various baby-related projects. I finished another embroidery piece, which you probably saw if you follow me on the 'gram. I'm reposting it because otherwise what else would I do with this blank space after this paragraph?

french knots are not as easy as they sound. excuse my random star sizes.

David has been drywalling at every spare moment, and I think now he's finally to the sanding stage of the mudding step. I think. I know very little about the whole process but I've heard the sanding gets suuuper dusty? anyone else worry about this while pregnant? Meh, I'll probably just hide out and watch the Bachelor in my office upstairs if it gets too dirty.

Oops, how did a picture of my giant belly get in here?

24.5 weeks and I made the bed just for this pic.

I'll be honest with you all, I'm a little nervous how big I'm going to get if this is me at 24.5 weeks. My mother was not a small woman when she was pregnant with me and all my sibs, but I'm still a wee bit scared.

I'm loving Grace's post about baby names she shared today and the comments that ensued afterwards. When we finally pick a couple and the baby's already here, I have a feeling I'll make a list of names that didn't quiiite make the cut this time but will be in the running for future kiddos. So I don't forget.

Signing off on another riveting post. Thanks for sticking around.
HG

Comments

  1. I think baby names are so fascinating, in our case none of the "runner ups" from baby 1 were even slightly possibilities by the time baby #2 came.. (only 18 months later too!) but in the end, you always some how find the perfect one.... even if its just in the nik of time! All the best! and I dont think you look too big for 25 weeks... no worries~!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)