Reading list {{2015}}


Once upon a time, I was an English major.
That meant I spent the majority of my time reading. And writing. And writing about reading. And also, surprisingly enough, reading about writing.
In short, a lot of words went in and out of my brain waves for 4 solid years.

The photo above is from one of my literature-intensive semesters. Those books were what I read for one semester - and most of them, if my old Instagram caption is correct, not even all of them. (I was taking 3 English literature courses, a French literature course in French, and a French literature course in English.)

I do truly miss the days where 90% of my "free" time was spent curled up with a good book. Of course, there were some I hated (ahem, Frankenstein, ahem) and some that bored me (anything William Faulkner). But I loved it.

I've decided to read a lot more in 2015, as part of my goals for the year. I don't have specific goals on types of books except I want to read 25 books this year. (To be completely honest, I wanted to shoot for 50. But I'm going to be realistic with the amount of free time I have and only go for 25. If I go over, that's fine!)

Want to see what's on my to-read list? it's your lucky day!
Yes Please by Amy Poehler
The Violent Bear It Away by Flannery O'Connor
Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan
Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool
The Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal
Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green by Joshua Braff
Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone by Mark Zwonitzer
The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
11/22/63 by Stephen King
The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield
Someone by Alice McDermott
Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James

So yeah, that's only 23 books, but that leaves me the occasional library-browsing pickup and the inevitable recommendations I'll get from others.
Tell me - what should be on my list? What are you reading in 2015??
HG

Comments

  1. I am so impressed!!! Maybe I will pick one from this list and try to read it this year? I am so bad, I just havent read a book that I really enjoyed in quite awhile so I have lost all motivation. I am slowly working through some religious and parenting books, but I would love a really good STORY that's just for enjoyment. Any of these fit that criteria?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)