Goals for 2015

So, when I was blithely typing in the title of my post, I definitely put 2014 at first. Yep, still living in the past over here. It just goes to show you how very very shocked my system still is that it is the year of our Lord two-thousand-and-fifteen. (But let's be honest. I'll be writing 2014 for quite awhile still.)

Don't get me wrong, 2014 was a fantastic year. One of the best of my life, for sure. (How can you beat having your first baby??) But when I was looking back through my photos for Dwija's linkup, I felt like my life was...well, somewhat directionless. To be fair, the first half of the year was spent growing a human inside me and then birthing that human, which is no small feat. And then the second half was adjusting to life with a tiny human around all the time.

Like I said, it was beautiful and perfect and I wouldn't change it for the world.
But.
I need some more structure in my life.
I need goals.
I need to feel like I'm going in the right direction.
I need my spiritual life to feel central, not an afterthought.
I need to spend less time just vegging out in front of the TV (although, to be fair, recently that's been because we're all down with a nasty cold/ear infection).

So I've come up with some things I want to do for 2015. I don't want to call them "resolutions," per se, because resolutions are statistically proven to fail. But I have goals. And an idea of what I want the year 2015 to look like.


In 2015 I want to...


  • Do a Whole30 in January (so far so good...although wow, I really want a hamburger and fries)
  • Take lots of photos of Kateri
  • Print and organize photos
  • Read at least 25 books (another post for another day)
  • Exercise regularly with new elliptical! best Christmas present ever
  • Weight & resistance train once a week
  • Throw Kate a first birthday party (so many Pinterest ideas already)
  • Start on another quilt
  • Make phone dates with out-of-town friends
  • Cook real food (see #1) on a more regular basis
  • Look into copyediting certification
  • See friends in person
  • Read more books to Kate
  • Go to a live production of something in Lincoln (play, musical, etc.) 
  • Be present
  • Work on my embroidery
  • Spend time actually writing
  • Stay organized & on top of things at work
  • Go to the library more often
  • Drink more water
  • Read Scripture more (hello, Blessed is She!)
  • Less social media...won't be the end of the world

What are your goals for 2015?
Stay tuned for my 2015 reading list and for a so-far recap of my Whole30, coming soon to a blog right here.
HG

Comments