7QT #29: TV, new jeans, and Galentine's Day

Another week gone by, another round of quick takes. Look at this year's energy, I've gotten now 4 posts in during the same week! Woot woot, look at me tooting my own horn. Anywho, linking up with Kelly as the week draws to a close.

1.
Obviously, I totally jinxed myself when it comes to Kate napping without a pacifier.
(Gosh darn you, internet braggy karma!)



She got off her nap schedule yesterday due to a work meeting I had to bring her to, and so everything was pretty much shot after that. Too tired, and more crying - and I may have accidentally made her bite her tongue at one point, so the pacifier was given to soothe that little injury.

BUT, I'm still counting it as a parenting win because she's definitely still able to go down for a nap without a pacifier (just 2 min 30 sec of crying this a.m. to get her down! and it was a weak cry, not really upset) AND she hasn't woken up at night for one in the last two days. Sleeping from 8:00 to 7:30 is great for her and for us, so this qualifies for the "win" category.

It might not be up to some standards of "win" but for me, it does. (Does that say more about me than I'd like it to? Probably. Whoops.)

2.
You know what is a great feeling?



Going to Target, finding jeans for buy one get one 50% off, and then getting to purchase 2 (two!) pairs of jeans in a size smaller than your previous pairs. It's just nice to know your efforts aren't wasted, you know?

(I'm super humble today, aren't I? Yeesh Hannah.)

3.
I'm very excited, because one of my favorite holidays is just around the corner.
Nope, not Australia Day - which is January 26.
Nope, not Groundhog Day - February 2.
And not Valentine's Day, February 14 - although I do like that one, especially when I get flowers. (Hint hint, David!)

It's...
Galentine's Day - February 13!



If you don't watch Parks and Recreation, first of all go start watching it, and then recall the episode(s) in which Leslie Knope celebrates Galentine's Day with her favorite ladies every year on February 13.
It's become a bit of tradition in my friend group to celebrate each other on Galentine's Day. I'm going all out this year and it makes me excited!

4.
I just realized that if I don't add an image to my quick take #1, the main image that will appear with this post is one of my rear end...
excuse me while I go fix that quick...

5.
(Did that count as a take? I'm running out of things to talk about so we're gonna go with it.)

I'm currently in the midst of watching Death Comes to Pemberley (which is now on Netflix, hooray!) and I have a lot of thoughts:
I can't keep track of these characters, because it's been too long since I've watched or read P&P.
Jenna Coleman is the PERFECT Lydia. Holy-cow-perfect-casting-BBC.
I just watched the episodes of Downton with Matthew Goode who is now Wickham, and it's making my brain hurt trying to transition between the two.
I love Darcy and Elizabeth. Fantastic and beautiful.
I forgot that people wore wigs at this point! Weird. Even servants/footmen. Weird weird.
And most importantly....whodunnit???
I can't wait to finish it. If you like period dramas, this is 100% for you.

6.
More TV-takes. David and I are in the midst of watching now 3 different shows...

Arrow - on Netflix, based on the DC comic Green Arrow. It's a CW show so obviously, everyone is beyond beautiful, but if you can look past that it's soooo good. We're on the edge of our seats during every episode, and I mean that literally because we want to get closer to the screen we're watching it on. We're taking it slow though, so that means just one episode per night when we get around to it, so we don't burn through it too quickly.

Property Brothers - obviously, David and I are old married people so we love HGTV, and now that Netflix has a bunch of HGTV and Food Network shows we are taking major advantage of it. We've seen some of the episodes before but we went back to the beginning. I really like the show because it's a combo of the two "types" of shows on HGTV, the finding of houses and the fixing of houses. Also, we can't stop noticing the Canadian accents. :)

Shark Tank - I just finally downloaded the ABC app to watch Shark Tank on my Kindle! I didn't know I could do this so now I'm also tempted to watch The Bachelor, and I'll be able to watch OUAT episodes when they come out quicker than before...but that's besides the point. Shark Tank is great. We saw a few episodes over Christmas at his parents' house, and I've been itching to watch it more since then.

7.
I am officially out of things to talk about. Head to Kelly's to find more takes this week!


HG

Comments

  1. Congrats on fitting into the smaller jeans, and finding them on sale, DEFINITLY a win win and I am happy for you so binding consider it bragging at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? *I don't* not "binding"

    Stupid phone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)