Don't get me wrong, 2014 was a fantastic year. One of the best of my life, for sure. (How can you beat having your first baby??) But when I was looking back through my photos for Dwija's linkup, I felt like my life was...well, somewhat directionless. To be fair, the first half of the year was spent growing a human inside me and then birthing that human, which is no small feat. And then the second half was adjusting to life with a tiny human around all the time.
Like I said, it was beautiful and perfect and I wouldn't change it for the world.
I need some more structure in my life.
I need goals.
I need to feel like I'm going in the right direction.
I need my spiritual life to feel central, not an afterthought.
I need to spend less time just vegging out in front of the TV (although, to be fair, recently that's been because we're all down with a nasty cold/ear infection).
So I've come up with some things I want to do for 2015. I don't want to call them "resolutions," per se, because resolutions are statistically proven to fail. But I have goals. And an idea of what I want the year 2015 to look like.
In 2015 I want to...
- Do a Whole30 in January (so far so good...although wow, I really want a hamburger and fries)
- Take lots of photos of Kateri
- Print and organize photos
- Read at least 25 books (another post for another day)
- Exercise regularly with new elliptical! best Christmas present ever
- Weight & resistance train once a week
- Throw Kate a first birthday party (so many Pinterest ideas already)
- Start on another quilt
- Make phone dates with out-of-town friends
- Cook real food (see #1) on a more regular basis
- Look into copyediting certification
- See friends in person
- Read more books to Kate
- Go to a live production of something in Lincoln (play, musical, etc.)
- Be present
- Work on my embroidery
- Spend time actually writing
- Stay organized & on top of things at work
- Go to the library more often
- Drink more water
- Read Scripture more (hello, Blessed is She!)
- Less social media...won't be the end of the world
What are your goals for 2015?
Stay tuned for my 2015 reading list and for a so-far recap of my Whole30, coming soon to a blog right here.