Bits and bobs

I feel like blogging has taken a bit of a back seat so far in 2015, so how about a quick updates post about bits and bobs, as Caitlin would say?

(one)
Want a really catchy song that will get stuck in your head and never leave?
Try this one.


Cheeky and terribly boring lyrics but so. darn. catchy. Seriously, it hasn't left my head in about 2 months.

(two)
How about another music video, this time a really really cute Maroon 5 video? It's been making its way around the internet but if you haven't stopped to watch it, now's your chance.


Confession: I've cried every time I've watched it...which is more than I can count, at this point. I might be a little emotional right now but still, it's adorably cute.

(three)
I'm about halfway through Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather as my second book for 2015. I'm doing pretty well for my goal of 25 books for the year!

What have you been reading? I'm on Goodreads, if you want to be my friend - I'm always looking for book recommendations.

(four)
We spent a lovely weekend in Des Moines, Iowa with our good friends Ashley and Zach. They have a little girl who was born 3 weeks after Kate, and moved away in August so it was great to catch up and see how much baby Cecilia had changed!



Of course I forgot my camera, but these two are cute together no matter what the medium.

Kate wasn't very happy to leave her friend behind, and was fussy pretty much from 4:00 to bedtime on Sunday once we got home. Guess that means we will have to go back soon!

(five)
We're trying something new today (and last night, I suppose) - getting Kate to quit the pacifier cold turkey. We've been doing well on not giving it to her when she goes to sleep at bedtime, but during her ear infection were pretty reliant on it in the middle of the night to get her back to sleep. And then after she got better it was just a habit for all 3 of us.

Now that she's all better, we decided to cut cold turkey. I'm curious to see how it works for the long term. Last night wasn't terrible - she cried for about 15 minutes at 4:45 this morning, and then when I put her down for her first nap at 10:00 a.m. today she cried again for about 10 minutes.

I have a feeling we'll keep it around for times like fussing during church and as a last-resort meal postponing, but other than that I'm hoping she won't need it for sleeping. Any tips for me?



That's all for now, folks. Catcha later!
HG

Comments