Dreams of a wanna-be-millionaire

What would you do if you won the lottery?

David and I ask this question to ourselves a lot. It's a fun discussion to have when we're out on a date, dreaming of future plans and funny things we could do if we won.

Of course, the odds of winning a jackpot that's really worth anything is about 1 in 176 million. Aka, it ain't gonna happen for us in this lifetime. I think it's probably more likely that David becomes a professional soccer player and I publish the great American novel, both within the next 10 years.

Once again...ain't. gonna. happen. Although that would be pretty sweet either way.

But on a rainy day, it's still fun to dream.
So if we won the lottery, here's what I'd dream of doing.

1. Take a nice long vacation

I can't decide quite where I'd go, but first things first - I'd take a couple weeks off of work, and take me and Kate and David to a nice resort.

Since it's been so hot here recently, I'm thinking someplace like Switzerland or Iceland. How amazing does this place in Iceland look?


I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights so lottery winning seems like a good time, right?

2. Go on a shopping spree

Anyone who knows me in real life (cough cough David cough cough) knows I'd be itching to drive all over town and spend some moolah on a new wardrobe (or five). If I won the lottery I wouldn't feel so bad about splurging on trendy items like palazzo pants and a kimono and maybe a jumper or two. Something like these?


Obviously I'm not going high quality on these clothes (aka Forever21 and Tar-to-the-jay). But it would be fun, wouldn't it?

3. Go out for a nice dinner

I really love me some good food. There's nothing quite like the idea of going out to a fancy restaurant and ordering whatever I want, for as long as I want. Appz and zerts, for real. (Does anyone do that on a regular basis? I can't imagine the luxury of that.)

I'm thinking margs, a nice big juicy steak, and some chocolate cake.



What a great dream, right?
I can't help it. And once again, I know I'm not going to win the lottery. But it's fun to think about.

What would you do if you won the lottery?
HG

Comments