20 questions


I saw Laura from WigDiggity post these today and realized I really wanted to join in! So here are some random facts you've probably ALWAYS wanted to know about me.

1. Favorite food?
Currently would be Raising Cane's, although my old stand-by is a burger from pretty much anywhere, but best from Lazlo's (in Lincoln). You just can't go wrong with a burger!

2. Flip flops or high heels?
Hmm. I used to love flip flops, but now they just make my feet hurt. (Old person alert.) And I've been enjoying wearing heels more than usual this year - so I'll go with heels, even though most of the time you can find me in Birks.

3. Favorite places to shop for yourself?
Gap, hands down. I'm pretty sure like 80% of my wardrobe is from there right now! I have their CC so that doesn't help...or does it? Otherwise I love the ever-cheap Target for things I don't want to invest in.

4. Standard coffee order?
My usual right now at Starbucks is a caramel iced coffee with cream - yummy. Cheap, standard, with just a bit of flavor added to make it exciting. I don't drink much coffee at home unless I make a big pot and put it in the fridge to have iced coffee in the afternoon for a pick-me-up.

5. Road trip must-have snack?
Going on road trips with my family growing up I always got the same thing: Chex Mix and a Cherry Pepsi. We'd have one rest stop where we were allowed to get a snack and I never deviated from that tried-and-true plan. Nowadays it's just making sure I have water because I get a little panicky when I get thirsty!

6. DIY or hire it out?
Ohh, well, if I had all the money in the world I'd hire it out. But as that's not the case, DIY all the way. David and I have pretty much no experience doing anything technical (well, besides helping our families do things) but we really love experimenting and trying not to mess things up. YouTube has been a big help in that area (we saved like $200 last winter fixing our heater ourselves by looking it up on YouTube!).

7. Top 5 TV shows?
Talk about the hardest question ever!! How are you supposed to narrow it down to just 5? Mine fluctuates every month or so but right now I'd say: Doctor Who, The Office, The West Wing, Parks and Recreation, and Arrow. Right now I'm watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which I thoroughly enjoy, and David and I are slowly working through Arrow because it's amazing and we don't want to binge it all and then feel sad when it's over!

8. Favorite book?
Persuasion by Jane Austen has been the answer to that question since I read it over 10 years ago (wowza). It's so underrated and just so fantastic. The best one I've read this year has to be Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset. SO GOOD. I can't stop raving/thinking about it.

9. Favorite form of exercising?
Well, I'm doing P90X3 right now which I really like because it's only 30 minutes. But I wouldn't qualify it as my favorite type of exercising. I wish my knees were still high-school age so I could run outside - I hated cross country, but I loved it, you know?

10. How tall are you?
5' 6", but probably shrinking...

11. Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorites?
I usually stick with my favorites, but I've been trying to be more adventurous lately so I'm trying new things. Except for when we go to Cane's, because there's only one thing to order there. :)

12. One makeup item you can't live without?
Mascara. Seeing as most days all I use is mascara and under-eye concealer, I'd pick mascara over concealer.

13. What's on your nightstand?
Umm, currently just a lamp. Because it's right next to my work desk, and Kate spends a lot of time wandering in and out of our bedroom during the work "day," so if I leave anything there permanently it's guaranteed to be either lost under the bed or destroyed.

14. What's one thing motherhood has taught you?
The importance of patience. I am not a patient person naturally. When I start things, I want them to be immediately completed, or it drives me crazy. Being a mom has made me slow down and realize that some things take patience, and a whole lot of it - nursing, sleep training, babies changing, the whole works.

15. Music that reminds you of high school?
Stronger by Kanye West always reminds me of high school - just a classic.

16. If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city, where would you live?
Oh gosh. Recently I've had this dream of uprooting our whole family and just moving to the countryside of Ireland and like, raising sheep or something. More realistically I'd move to a tiny town in Colorado or Wyoming with a view of the mountains and a lake. Or maybe Seattle. I really love rain, so I think the Pacific Northwest would be my idea of heaven.

17. Tell me something about you we might not know?
Hmm. I have a phobia of socks that aren't black. Like, literally, 99% of my sock drawer is black socks. Something about white socks just really grosses me out.

18. Websites you read/browse?
Facebook & Pinterest are my top contenders. Sometimes Tumblr or Reddit if I'm really bored, Amazon to go window shopping, and any online shopping site.

19. Morning person or night owl?
Night owl, but I'm really trying to become more of a morning person. It isn't working well so far.

20. Favorite breakfast meal?
Chocolate chip pancakes with peanut butter & syrup, bacon, hashbrowns. Yummmm.

Join in! I'd love to see your answers.
HG

Comments

  1. You are cracking me up! Black socks, really? I am a white tube sock girls all the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)