Saturday bits and bobs

I don't usually blog on Saturdays.

Most times we're too busy for me to take a break, go up to my computer, and work on a post. My mind is also pretty jumbled on the weekends - thinking of chores that need to get done, places we need to be, weather I'd like to be having instead of another dreary day...Okay, so that last one is just the past few weeks (months!) but still.

So this occurrence is a rare one.
But, both other members of my household are sleeping right now - one was a little more excited for a nap than the other (I'll let you guess that one), so I figured I'd write out a quick post.



After I took a bunch of selfies in our bedroom, waiting for napper #1 to decide she was going to actually fall asleep instead of banging her head/arms/legs on the sides of her crib, and turning her sound machine on and off for the thousandth time.

Also, we were pretty productive today - i.e. I even worked out AND mopped the bathroom floor, quite possibly for the first time since we moved in that wasn't necessitated by a remodeling project (I know, I know, take away my mom/homeowner card right this instant), so a blogging break was necessary. Also also, I'm burning my way through The Shoemaker's Wife and I already don't want it to end, so I don't want to pick it up because that means the end is near(er).

So. How about some link love?

If you haven't seen this yet, and you're a fan of vintage SNL skits of the very best variety, watch the 40th anniversary's remake of Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek on Celebrity Jeopardy, right here. My roommates and I would watch reruns of SNL on Netflix, and lots of times fast forwarded to the Celebrity Jeopardy ones on purpose because they are just so. darn. funny. Often times not quite appropriate, but still! worth the watch.

So, I've been totally sucked into this season of the Bachelor, mostly because being from Nebraska means that I have to watch an Iowa boy on a show that features lots of hoity-toity, made-up men from time to time. ("Will you escept dis rose?" --I'm looking at you, JP.) Since Iowa is basically the less awesome version of Nebraska (true story!), Chris could be a little better - but it's still a refreshing change of pace. I'm definitely emotionally involved and at this point, Becca is my fave, but I do like Whitney too. And if you need a catch-up, I'm always dying of laughter whenever Ashley posts her recaps, because hello! screencaps of gold and hilarious nicknames. She's awesome.

Enough of how shallow I am. I'm currently surpassing (!) my goal of reading 25 books this year, so that's exciting. My brother gave me The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein for Christmas, and I zoomed through it (and cried - good cried - at the end), which I highly recommend. As previously mentioned I'm loving The Shoemaker's Wife and I'm still working my way through Death Comes for the Archbishop (on my second rental now, oops). What else should I be reading? Compared to my college reading lists, I kind of love the freedom to read new up-and-comers. Hit me with 'em.

I'm seriously crushing this lace-front maillot from Anthro as my maybe-next swimpiece. I don't know, the thought of summer at this point seems miles and miles away, but gosh, could that be any prettier? If you have other sites I should be trolling that might be a tad cheaper (my wallet will thank you) for gorgeous one-pieces, I'd love to hear.

This is an oldie: Taylor Swift lip-syncing in the car, with I think some BBC radio guy? Not curious enough to find out because it's cuuute cute cute as it is.

K, I've probably bored you enough.
Happy weekend to you all!
HG

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)