8 months




Baby Kate is 8 months old, can you believe it?
(I can't. I really can't.)
We'll get right to it...how about an update post to keep up?!

Weight: 17.8 lbs, which is comforting to me after the weight loss she experienced during her ear infection (grow baby, grow!)

Height: still around 30 inches? I haven't measured recently so I'm thinking it's the same

Firsts this month: not much new in this area but lots more movement, rolling back and forth, and a ton of rocking on hands and knees, can balance standing up if she's holding on to something

Nicknames: nothing new

Other things to note:
- Okay, I know I've said this in every update post for the last like, 4 months. But I swear this month she is really going to start crawling in a real way. She wants it SO bad and she is so close - she can even do a plank when she tries but doesn't get the forward part yet. But it'll happen. Just you wait.
- Kate's been a much happier baby this month after getting over her illness. Her naps have sort of taken a nosedive, but I think that's just from growing out of them rather than anything serious. But she's been mostly happy, which is awesome.
- She LOVES baby food. I should really start investigating making our own, because it's expensive to buy evne when it's on sale, but she would seriously eat probably 8 packs a day if we let her. (Her poop on the otherhand has been g-r-o-s-s, sorry if that's TMI. But it's real life.) She gets so excited when we stick her in her high chair, and is very upset when the food runs out. She's her mama's girl, after all.
- She's doing a lot better at night sleeping. I don't think she's woken up once in the last week between the hours of 7:30 p.m. and 7:15 a.m., which is fantastic! I'm totally jinxing it but I had to brag a little bit.




We love you, darling girl.
HG

Comments

  1. Happy 8 months, Kate! I get upset when my food runs out too...!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)