There is nothing like a good blog-award-hop. Kayla at The Sweet Wonder tagged me for a Liebster award, which is awesome...and came at the best timing, because the writing cells in my brain seem to have disappeared. Oops.
So here goes nothing!
1. 2015 is just over 2 months away (WHAT). Do you have a preference for odd or even number years?
Hmm, I would say I mostly prefer even-numbered years. But my favorite is when dates line up so that the year fits in prettily, like say 10-14-2014 or something that has symmetry like that. I'm also freakishly good at remembering numbers so stuff like that pleases my somewhat OCD-brain.
2. What's your current favorite TV show and why should we watch it?
Oh, I have to pick just one?! Well I've already written about Parenthood and how much I love it, and also The West Wing...so I will advocate again for Doctor Who. It's a really hard show to summarize, but here's the Cliff's Notes: human-looking alien called Time Lord who takes human companions with him to travel the stars and save planets and races all over. Super pro-life, always touching and hilarious at the same time, and there is plenty of material to get through (but start with the new episodes in 2005 if you need a jumping-off point).
3. How often do you really try out new recipes or DIY projects you pin on Pinterest? Any major successes?
Haha...well I am not much of a cook at all but when I'm in the mood I definitely turn to my recipes board on Pinterest first for inspiration. It's sometimes a success and sometimes a big huge failure. BUT I do love pinning DIY-inspiration and I'm pretty good about actually completing a lot of those, especially because David and I just love doing projects together. Mine are mostly sewing-knitting-crafty types and his are home improvement-themed, but we seem to get along just fine anyway.
4. What's your favorite pie for Thanksgiving?
Cherry pie, for sure. I'm not opposed to pumpkin pie, but cherry tops anything no matter the time of year. But I usually don't limit myself to just one type of pie for such an important holiday.
5. What's the last blog you were reading?
Well, I've been binge-reading Hey Natalie Jean because hello, beautiful and she talks real life and I really love that. Otherwise Jenny's post about Modesty Wars was the one left in my queue before Kayla's nomination, and she's been totally killing it with her series Catholics do what? so you should definitely be reading those!
6. Cold and flu season is just around the corner (or it's already here. whatever). Does your family stick to any natural prevention techniques or remedies you swear by?
So far this is one area I have not tapped into yet as a new mom. I'm pretty much okay with over-the-counter cold meds and an occasional cup of tea to get me through cold/flu season. I would love to know if anyone has tried-and-true methods to keep them away! All 3 of us are suffering through a nasty cold right now and I'm not looking forward to it.
7. Did you go pumpkin or apple picking this year?
Unfortunately no, I didn't make it to either so far this year! Although I suppose we probably have a few weeks left before cold weather hits that I could maybe squeeze it in, but we've been SO busy that I doubt it's going to happen.
8. What's your preferred method of documenting your life through photos? Scrapbooking? Facebook? Wall art? Magnets?
I tried scrapbooking once and totally failed. I'm pretty good at putting photos on the blog and on Facebook, and I finally got around to printing our wedding photos into a book about 3 months ago, just after our one-year anniversary. I'm hoping to keep up that tradition and try to do a yearly photo book every year, because I know myself and I'm not going to be consistent at printing photos and putting them in a photo album. Shutterfly makes the process super easy and always has good deals going on so once a year I think is a feasible goal!
9. Does it snow where you live? If so, are you looking forward to the first snowfall of the season?
It definitely snows in Nebraska. Big time. Farmers and the weather men around here are predicting an above-average year for snowfall which I am super excited for! I love snow. I love cozying up inside with a cup of tea and a good book, bundling up to go outside and quickly come back in again, and just the general beauty of a good snow.
10. What did you have for dinner last night?
We had leftover enchiladas which David's mom made us (so delicious!) and guac and chips. It was a delicious dinner - it's so nice to be able to use the oven again without dying of heat every time we turn it on. I'm thinking we'll have more casseroles this week to take advantage of it!
Now for a Liebster award you're supposed to tag 3-5 other bloggers who are either under 200 or 3,000 readers, depending on your source. Little bit of a difference there but let's go with it anyway! I'm tagging:
Caitlin at A Joyful Duty
Rosie at A Blog for My Mom
Caitlyn at Harvesting Home
Michelle at My Life In Lists
Amy at All For Heaven's Sake
Here are your questions!
1. If you were any TV character, who would you be and why?
2. What are you really really good at? Like, your superpower if you were a superhero...
3. What got you into blogging? How did you feel about it when you started?
4. What's your favorite quote?
5. How often do you do the laundry? Dishes? Other household chores?
6. What's your guilty pleasure?
7. Do you like to take naps? How often do you get to nap?
8. What's your favorite alcoholic drink?
9. What time do you usually go to bed? Are you a night owl or a morning person?
10. Do you vote/get into political things? What interests you the most about politics?
Now, go forth and blog -- thanks again for the tag Kayla!