7QT #37: weddings, insomnia, & lake goodness

3 posts in one week! I'm on a r-o-l-l guys. Linking up with Kelly today for another quick takes post!

1.
This weekend is my beautiful friend Katie's wedding! It's hard to believe that it's already here, because it seems like this summer has just wasted away so quickly and it suddenly jumped up on me. Time flies when you're busy, right?

We've been friends since my cousin asked me to be on their YMCA volleyball team in 5th grade - and I know we're going to be friends for the long haul. Here's a gem of a throwback photo from when we were freshmen? sophomores? in college.


We are still that cute, hard as it may be to believe.

2.
Last night we celebrated her last days as a single lady, with a crrrrazy night of boating, tubing, and jet-skiing at her future in-laws cabin (reeeeally nice cabin) on a lake between Lincoln and Omaha. It was a really fun time, marred only by the fact that when we got home (at the late late hour of 1:00 a.m.) I could not. fall. asleep.

I hate insomnia, and haven't had a bad bout of it since I was pregnant with Kate. It was no fun. I eventually took some NyQuil and fell asleep around 4:00 a.m., on the couch in our living room.


I'm a little out of it this morning, to say the least - even though David was sweet and worked from home for a bit this morning so I could catch up on my sleep. (He's the literal best.)

3.
Did y'all hear about Pluto this week? If you're like me (and you're probably not), you spent every waking hour feverishly checking every news source you could for news about SEEING A (former) PLANET FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.

Excuse me as I nerd out for a little bit, but how cool right?

It's not news to people who know me in real life that I love space and everything to do with space (Doctor Who, planets, stargazing, you name it). So this was a pretty awesome week in that regard. Also, they're making a new Star Trek movie! Unashamedly stoked about it. Plus Idris Elba? Gotta be good.

4.
Wow, content is fading quickly here...

5.
Here's the Taylor Swift mashup you've all been wanting and didn't know you absolutely needed. Trust me, it's worth the click.

6.


I found this one on my phone a few days ago and realized I never posted it. They're pretty darn cute together, even though I'm biased.

7.
Wow, well that was a whole lot of nothing. Kudos to you if you made it all the way through. Head to Kelly's for lots more posts with better + more entertaining content than mine.

Happy weekend, y'all.
HG

Comments