Felix, two months


One month came and went without a monthly update post, but I've been literally searching my own blog to remember how I did things with the two girls so I figured for my future self, I should probably write these occasionally for Felix too! I'll be combining monthly photos and writing them whenever I get the chance, so don't wait up for monthly updates but I figured I'd give it a shot. (His baby quilt isn't finished, so the least I could do is *some* of these. Sorry, bud.)

Age: 2 months

Weight: 12 lbs 2 oz at his 2 month checkup, but gaining weight STEADILY. He is a chunk, evidenced by those double chins showing up and the rolls around his arms developing nicely.

Size: wearing 0-3 month stuff, but quickly getting too long for most.

Height: uhhh no clue, I'd have to dig the paperwork out of the recycling and I'm not gonna do that.

Firsts this month: smiling all the time, cooing, recognizing faces, eye contact, awake enough to look at/"play" with his toys on his seat and such.

Nicknames: Feeeee-wix (Cora's pronunciation), buddy! (Kate's favorite nickname for him), sweaty

Other notables:
-- Most nights Felix is up once or twice, depending on how much he's ingested the previous day and the waning and waxing of the moon. AKA I have no idea what causes him to either sleep through the night (!!!) or wake up three times (???) and I'm trying to figure it out because I love those long stretches. When he's up, it's not bad though -- eats for 10-15 minutes, and conks right back out to sleep. So I can't much complain compared to those early days when it took a full hour to get his tummy full in the middle of the night every two hours. Go bud go!
-- Daily schedule on a really good day goes: wake at 7:30, nap at 9:00 to 11:30 ish, up for awhile with maybe a catnap, nap for a long stretch at 2:00 when the girls do, awake, nap for an hour or so at 5:00 p.m. and then awake until bedtime 8:45/9:00 p.m. I'm hoping to push his bedtime up here soonish, because mama needs that kid-free wind down time before bed. I'm waiting for his cues, though, because if you either miss his tired window or try to push it unprompted he is NOT a fan of going to sleep when he doesn't want to.
-- Working has been hit or miss these last two weeks since maternity leave ended. His long naps make working really great, and while he's awake I don't get much done but that's okay. We're working on him being happy in the seat or in his play mat, in hopes that I can get something done while he's awake, too.
--  Still not sure which way his eyes are going to go. About every other day, David changes his mind about what color they'll be. I'm still thinking blue because he just doesn't look like Cora to me, but I have been wrong before.
-- REALLY THIS TIME we are making our baby take a bottle. (If you've been reading for awhile you know I've said that before, and Cora and Kitty never EVER took one consistently.) I just couldn't add pumping to my crazy hectic life, no matter the convenience (Haaka fans, I know you say it's easy but I still just can't do the storing/dethawing/whole shebang) so we're doing formula whenever he gets a bottle. Right now he fights it if he's not hungry enough, but once he is he'll take it. This week will be the first time my nanny will try to feed him so say a prayer he does well for her! (So far he's just been taking it from David in the evenings after his last nap.) Ahhh, the freedom of third baby means I have no qualms whatsoever about formula and honestly, I'd switch to formula feeding all the time if it was free like breastfeeding is. The $$$ is enough to keep me breastfeeding, though.
-- When he is upset/angry crying, he is a sweatyyyyy boy. Something in his DNA means that specific sort of crying instantly results in a full body sweat. Neither girl was like this so it's weirding me out! He also wakes up back fully sweaty after naps, because we're still swaddling, and I feel bad because we run the AC and a ceiling fan in his room and it's cool but he still sweats.
-- When the stars align and he's fed/awake he is the absolute heart-breaking-est sweetheart in the world. He will smile and coo at me for SO LONG just with the most satisfied, happy, sweet smile on his face in the world. I'm in love with him.

How about some pictures??
pensive & intellectual, that's my boy

yeah, he's chubby alright

his little smile KILLS ME

whatchu lookin at?
And since I'm combining, here are some one month photos for comparison:


He's so much bigger already!!! gahhhh! Time, slow down!

If you're curious, Kitty at two months and Cora at two months linked here.
HG


Comments