Cora, three months




Time is literally flying by with this little girlie of ours. I feel like I just wrote her birth story and she's already 3 months old, how is that even possible? I love watching her grow but I'm already missing the details of when she was an itty bitty baby and that mom conundrum of wanting them to grow up and wishing they stayed small is heavy on my heart, most days.

To the stats! (And for reference, Kate at three months!)

Weight: Going to have to home scale this, hold on while I go do that.
Okay little miss is approximately 16 pounds 3 oz! In their faces, she and Kate look similar in weight at 3 months but Cora has lots more rolls & pudge on her frame overall, and she's definitely heavier. I love me a chunky baby, though, certainly not complaining.

Height: No idea. I haven't perfected the at-home method of getting a wiggly baby to stay still long enough to use a regular tape measure with, and she didn't have a 3 month checkup so I don't know. She's long enough that her torso is officially too long for all 3 month clothing, and just snug at the 6 month sizes so I'm buying 9 month & 12 month stuff.

Firsts this month: We've had a very slight, somewhat hesitant laugh out of her when we're making silly faces in front of her or wiggling her little bunny rattle around and making it pop into existence in front of her, but no belly laugh yet. Lots of eye movement, tracking things, lifting head up during tummy time, all that good 3 month old baby jazz! No progress on the rolling-over front yet and she doesn't even seem interested. I'm fine with that, y'all.

Nicknames: nothing new this month! I call her "sweetheart" or "darlin'" a lot, and Kate's started imitating me when she talks to Cora so that is freaking adorable but otherwise not much new.

Other things to note:
+ Eating: she finally decided to space out her feeds in the last couple weeks, which Mama is very very grateful for. Usually she nurses about every 2 hours, sometimes 2.5 hours when she naps for longer stretches.
+ I think she might be fighting a cold or a bit of an ear infection at the moment, though, because sometimes baby girl only wants to nurse laying down together. I didn't nurse Kate like that at all, but Cora already gets easily distracted while she's nursing, so I have to face her away from everything and really convince her to eat even when she's starving, and laying down seems to be the best way to do that.
+ Sleeping: she was consistently doing only one wake-up for the past few weeks, but has started to get up more than once in the middle of the night again and I miss those days. I think we'll probably try to night wean her somewhat soon because I am a cranky mom when I have a little bit older baby and don't get to sleep through the night. On a good night she goes to sleep around 8:30, wakes up around 4:00 to eat and then sleeps til 7:30/8:00. Last night she was up 3 times - ate at 1:00, fussed at 3:30 so I just had David swaddle her and she went back to sleep no problemo, then ate again at 5:00 or so. I'm hoping that stops soon.
+ I think the above sleep problems are because she's going through another growth spurt, which happened with Kate around this age too. Yay! That means she'll get through it soon, let's hope!
+ Naps: She will either nap in the vibrating seat in the basement next to me in the morning from about 10-11, or upstairs in her crib for a bit longer, then a cat nap from 12:30-1:00, then a long nap from about 2-4:30, and then one or two more catnaps before bed, just depending on her mood and when we put her down for the night. During her long nap she consistently wakes up 45 minutes in and is STARVING, no matter how recently I fed her before hand, but then she goes right to sleep again so I'm totes fine with it. (It also guarantees that I get some true alone time because Kate naps or has quiet time from 2-4:00.)
+ This is all fascinating stuff to you, isn't it? I'm mostly writing it down for posterity's sake because I keep looking back at my posts about Kate at this age and wondering if they're going through the same stuff, and I didn't write enough detail back then! So detail-heavy we are.
+ Kate is absolutely LOVING Cora getting more aware and more with-it from day to day. She constantly is looking at her and telling me, "Wook Mama, Cowah smiwing a me! Awww!" I have high hopes for sibling bonding in the future.


I mean, just look at that perfect face! We love you Cowah!
HG

Comments