This is 17 months.

04 November 2015

04 November 2015


It's been awhile since I wrote a good old-fashioned baby update post - I mean, toddler update post because Kate's lost her last little bits of baby recently. It's hard to watch her grow up so fast! Such a tired and old cliché but it's a cliché because it's darn true.

So, how about some details? 

Weight: Kate likes to start every morning by jumping on the scale to track her growth. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not - seriously, she hangs out on the scale we have in our bedroom quite a lot. Right now she's at 24.5 lbs, which puts her solidly in the 50-75% percentile range. 

Height: Umm, too squirmy to calculate? I thought about getting up from typing this post to go measure her but then got too lazy. I'll measure her eventually. I think she was around 33 inches at her last doctor's appointment?

Firsts this month: Nothing too exciting. Got her to use a fork for the first time the other day - mostly our fault for not introducing her to it earlier! More words, more personality, more everything, really.

Nicknames: Crazy girl, Kitty

She's saying a lot more and more, so I took some time to write down her current "vocabulary":
Ba buh - bye bye
Zzzzzz - nose
Mehhh - mouth
Ah da! - all done
Ma Ma (with a big gap in between each syllable): mama
Dada - dada
Pupu - puppy
Bah-bah - baby
Yaya - Lola, her stuffed bunny
Baba - blueberries, grapes, anything small and round
Bah - ball
Bahhh - bra (don't ask me why this is one of the words she knows)
Beh beh - belly button
Uh uh - uh oh!
Eeee - ears
Essat? - What's that?
Uuu? - Up?
Nodding yes, shaking no are pretty consistent.
She can also say all the animal noises (or close to them, anyway) for: puppy, kitten, cow, duck, birdie, fish...and some more, I can't remember them right now.
She's always full of energy; snarky when she doesn't nap or is teething; loves to show off around strangers; spins in circles just to make me and David laugh; loves napping with as many stuffed animals as I'll let her have; is sweet and funny and totally her own individual person.

We love her tons more and more every day. Parenting is still hard and challenging like it was when she was a baby, but in a totally different way...and we're not even to the point where she can really give her opinion. Gulp.

Sweet girl: keep growing up and we'll keep laughing with you (and sometimes at you, I'll admit it).
Love,
your mama and dada



1 comment

  1. aw she is so cute!!! 17 months already... gosh oh gee! Time flies... looks like you are doing a good job with that little one! and it totally makes sense to me that bra is one of the words she knows... oh parenthood!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading & replying to comments! Check your email for a response if you have your email linked to your profile, otherwise check back right here.

follow me on Instagram

social media