11 months




As I'm finally getting around to writing this, her 11 month post, my once-tiny, once-snuggly and immobile baby is pulling books off of our bookshelf with abandon. Because she is 11 months old and is basically headed off to college - or at least that's what it feels like to this mama.

I have basically zero accurate stats because we don't have a well-baby check until after she turns one, so here are some guesses!

Weight: around 23 lbs, according to our home scale

Height: no idea, but I don't think she's gotten much taller lately

Firsts this month: saying mama & dada somewhat regularly, moving moving moving, & being destructive (not new, but more intense than before)

Nicknames: nothing new

Other things to note:
- We have a big eater on our hands, folks. If I let her, she'd stay contentedly in her high chair all the live long day eating anything and everything we put in front of her. So far her favorites are: anything. But really, it's cubes of cheese and strawberries. But seriously, she'll eat anything.
- On the same note as above, even though she's a huge eater she has no chompers to help her out with that. She's got some major powerful gums though because no food is too big for her to attempt!
- I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching her little brain work. I'm perpetually fascinated by her play structure - as random and unorganized as it seems - even though she is getting smarter and more engaged by the minute.
- She's definitely attached to Lola, her stuffed bunny, and it makes my heart melt.
- We've only got one more sticker, so there's only one more post of these coming! Sad and amazing and surprising all at the same time, I know. Thanks for sticking it out with me these last 11 months!



All the love, baby girl.
HG

Comments