how we do Christmas spirit

Christmas is coming up, everyone. I don't know if you knew that or not but...here's your forewarning, in case you're wayyyy behind the times. As this is only our 2nd Christmas together, we don't have a ton of traditions or Advent-y crafts for our 6 month old to participate in.

But I do like to get in the Christmas spirit, so this is how we've been doing it in the last few weeks.



Christmas lights: up as soon as Thanksgiving is over, everyone. David would like it (in general, really) if we decorated before but...I'm a Grinch and want our Christmas to at least wait til December. So we put up our lights the first semi-warm day we have in December. This is last year's set of lights, because I haven't taken a photo of this year's yet. 


Christmas tree: I will be honest. I am not sure how you ladies who wait until Christmas Eve to decorate make it through the month of December...probably with a will stronger than mine by a million. Our tree goes up as soon as we have time to decorate. And although I'm a real-tree advocate, David isn't, so we have an artificial one...for now, at least. (mwahahaha)



Christmas smell: I bought this last year as a semi-cure for pregnancy nausea, because there are few things I love as much as Christmas-y smells. Now it kind of reminds me of being pregnant and being nauseous, buuuut I still love it. So when I forget that it's Christmas time I light this baby up and wham, instant Christmas.



Christmas hot drinks: I love tea, and I drink it pretty much all year round. But there is something different about curling up with a hot cup of tea near the holidays. I'm not usually a fan of peppermint-flavored things but this tea is spot on (and like, $2.50 for 20 bags).


Christmas music: And last, but certainly not least - Christmas music. I looooove Christmas music. I have this incredible friend who makes a Christmas mix every year, so I'm always up-to-date on the latest and greatest in Christmas music. I even went so far as to make my own playlist on Spotify, if you're looking for some new music! I'm a little bit hipster when it comes to taste in music, so there's your warning - but this is what I'm playing on repeat until January 15. (If you listen to just one song from my list, All I Want for Christmas is New Year's Day by HURTS is my absolute favorite. Seriously, go listen right now - no. 8 on the playlist.)



What are some things you do to get into the Christmas spirit?
HG

Comments