Settling in

Things are getting to a new somewhat normal around here, and it's starting to feel tiny and tiny bits more like home in a new city.

Mad props to people who either move all the time or who move much longer distances than we did -- I'm having a hard enough time with the transition when really not much has changed and I don't know how y'all do it. Luckily Targets everywhere are the same and there's nothing too much else drastic between the 2nd largest and the largest cities in Nebraska.

~~~~~

Luckily this cute girl is still doing well with all the changes so that helps a lot.



We did accidentally take an hour long walk the other day when I took a few wrong turns and ended up faaaarrrrr in the opposite direction of where I meant to go, but we all made it home okay and Murph was super tired out so it wasn't all bad. (I had my phone the whole time so I was never like, LOST lost but I had more faith in my directional sense than it seemed I actually had. Whoops.)

~~~~~

We -- and by we I mean I channeled my inner Blythe and Kate and I picked it up during the day sans David -- scored this desk/cabinet/drawer thingy on Craigslist today and I am super proud of it. Being 6 months pregnant and all, I was hesitant I could get half of it out of the car by myself (because it comes in two pieces and only one fit in at a time) but I did and I felt like superwoman.


It's in the baby's room right now, chilling there until I convince David to either let me put it in the living room for a storage/TV cabinet situation or we find someone to help us move it downstairs and I'll use it as part of my office/craft storage. (Which I am heavily in the midst of researching on Pinterest right now, I'm thinking something like this for a desk is what I want?)

I had just enough muscle to get it in the house with him, although the belly was so in the way that I about dropped it more than once. We're at the very tail end of me being able to do lifting/heavy things (much longer than most things say you should lift, but c'est la vie) so I told David he better take advantage of it while he can.

~~~~~

I finally convinced David to escape the political reality we're living in and dive into The West Wing and I think this time (the second or third time around) it's really sticking. We're almost through season one and I fall more and more in love with it every time I watch it. Donna and Josh, the hilarity that is CJ...I could go on and on. Watch it if you haven't. (On Netflix. #obviously)

~~~~~

Welp there's enough nonsense for you all in one post. Peace all.
HG

Comments