Cora, 8 months




Blogging about inconsequential things like baby news and house updates seems...somehow inappropriate right now. So I've been quiet here. (Also busy, but that's nothing new.)

I'm trying really hard to take Jesus's words to heart, and honestly pray for my enemies.
BUT, I promised myself I'd keep doing Cora's pictures and updates every month so that still has to be taken care of. Hey, we all need distractions now and again, right?

So! Cora is 8 months and the months keep flying by faster and faster!

Weight: just over 21 lbs by our home scale.

Height: Same old same old, although she's getting longer I don't have the patience to measure her so who knows?

Firsts this month: successfully sitting up for periods at a time, and figuring out how to crawl around the entirety of the house to find us.

Nicknames: nothing new

Other things to note:
+ We've had some ups and downs with sleep this past month. Probably another sleep regression on top of teething and a growth spurt, so not too much terrible all at once....... ha. ha. ha. But we rode it out and back down to just one wake per night.
+ I'm thinking I'm going to try to cut out that one feed soon, because she's really not eating all that much and the time she wakes up varies SO much that I don't think she's actually hungry. We'll see if I get motivated enough to do it, though.
+ Baby girl is now suddenly noticing when we leave the room, and immediately cries/screams to get us to pay attention to her and come back where she can see us! So that's real fun.
+ She's a huge fan of baby food now and occasional big people food, depending on if I actually want to get some food in her or if I just want to occupy her in the high chair for awhile.
+ So far she hasn't actually disliked anything, although her father (ahem ahem) has a tendency to feed her cold vegetables and then complain that she doesn't like to eat them... Can't say as I blame her, I'm not a huge fan of cold green beans either. Surprisingly when you warm them up she eats them like a champ. ;)
+ Her clothing sizes are all over the map. Mostly 18-24 month onesies, a few 12 month PJ sets still fit because her thighs have thinned out (she fatted out of them at like 6 months because they wouldn't zip over her thighs, hahahaha), 9-12 month pants. We just went through all of our girls clothes to organize them and see what I need for winter, and she's going to fit into a lot of Kate's stuff, so I just need some long-sleeve onesies and a coat or two. Yay!
+ Her naps are pretty good for the most part, still going strong with 2 a day, usually 10-12 and 2:30-4 or so. She is a serious champ to put down too, just nurse her and stick her in the crib and she's out. Napping in the car is not as easy to achieve when we actually want her to, but that's okay.
+ She's on a major hair-and-glasses pulling phase, because she's discovered she can get a reaction out of you when she does it.

She's a blessing and we're so happy to have her around.


HG

Comments