Big announcementS!

Whew.
It's been hard keeping secrets from you guys - you may have noticed that I'm bad at it, or at least noticed that I haven't been writing as much as previously. Well, today's the day I get to break radio silence and tell you why!

I'm guessing you could have probably figured out the first one, but if you haven't yet...


We're pregnant with baby #2! And two of us are more excited about it than the other one...I'll let you figure out who that is.

Usually the conversation goes something like this:
Me or David: Kate, are you excited to see the baby?
Kate: *looks at us like we're straight up crazy*
Me or David: Do you want a baby brother or a baby sister?
Kate: NOOOOOOOO! *shaking head vigorously*

So...we've got some work ahead of us in the next few months. :)
But let's get to the details! I know you're dying for them!

How far along? 12 weeks tomorrow! Almost out of first trimester (I think?)!
Weight gain? I've lost more than 6 lbs at this point but that was kind of to be expected. I also expect to not answer this question anymore after this point...hahaha.
Clothing? Mostly non-maternity but I bought some maternity shorts on sale and just have been wearing them out of laziness/comfort, not because I actually need them yet.
Sleep? I don't remember this with Kate's pregnancy so early but I am already getting up to pee in the middle of the night. Even though the baby is the size of a lime.
Best moment of this week? Well it was a week and a few days ago but I finally made an appointment with my OB (I kept putting it off/forgetting) and Kate and I got to hear the heartbeat! *swoon*
Worst moment of this week? Nothing particular bothering me right now!
Miss anything? MARGARITAS. I have had the strongest craving for a beer or a marg...which I hardly ever drink when not pregnant but seriously.
Movement? Nothing yet I don't think - although there have been some flutters that were either stomach rumblings or baby and I'm pretending they're baby.
Symptoms? Nausea. And exhaustion. See announcement #2 for an additional reason why I'm tired all the time but overall neither has been too bad.
Food cravings? Jimmy John's, Chipotle, watermelon (which isn't quite good yet, unfortunately), fruit snacks. I'm basically 90% fruit snacks at this point.
Gender? Not going to find out! But I think boy.
Labor signs? LOL. No.

Everything's been going pretty well for the most part - I can't complain! I did love this post Nell wrote about being pregnant in the thin space. I feel so blessed to be able to easily carry baby #2 when I know so many friends/acquaintances/women in general who struggle with getting pregnant, but I'm trying to turn my symptoms into redemptive suffering for anyone struggling with infertility. If I can pray for you in any way during this pregnancy, let me know!

And now onto announcement numero dos.
WE ARE MOVING.
Yes, in addition to me being in the first trimester, we are trying to pack up all our stuff and move.


David got offered an amazing opportunity in Omaha - one that truly couldn't be passed up - and he started his new job this morning! So as soon as we find a house and sell our house (double ugh), we will be moving to Omaha. It will be a great change for our family in general - more consistent hours, a normal type of work, better pay - all that jazz. And luckily since my job is a work-from-home I can do it anywhere, so I'll get to keep working throughout the whole thing.

The whole moving-while-during-the-first-trimester hasn't been quite as fun as one might imagine (...not). I have been trying to help as much as possible but that exhaustion just hits me and I have to break sometimes! So David's been doing all of the heavy lifting both literally and figuratively, and I've been doing the supporting work, vacuuming and dusting and getting food and organizing and putting color-coded tape on boxes.

And now you know why we started our kitchen renovation all of a sudden, too! Later this week I will make sure to get a post up because IT'S DONE (so that's amazing) and I want you to appreciate via pictures how much hard work David put in, with assistance from his dad and my parents and a little bit of painting done by moi. It really looks like a totally different room.

Whew. I think I covered it all but you'll be hearing plenty more from me soon, as well as getting to see our house all cleaned up and whenever we find a new house, that one too!

Pray for us that we don't get too overwhelmed during all of this, and that David stays safe commuting back and forth between Lincoln and Omaha for now. And that I don't go crazy being stuck at home with no car for solid amounts of time because he's in a different city with our car. ;)
HG

Comments

  1. I totally guessed #2 after seeing your baby announcement yesterday! Yay! So happy for you guys. I'm glad you're able to take it at least a little easy in the midst of all the crazy. And I'm sure Kate will warm up to the idea of a baby soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek, so many exciting (and exhausting) things!! Congrats! I will offer up my rosary today for y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! We are all pretty excited about all the big changes!

      Delete
  4. Wow busy busy, Congrats and you will be in our prayers with all the transitions :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We are also moving to Omaha! (Solidarity with the moving stresses). Where are you house hunting? We're looking in Papillion and the market is crazy just like here. We will have to connect once we are both up there...there seems to be a little community forming in Omaha! -Emily Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I'm so excited for you! We're moving soon too and it's exciting but ohhhh so stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, it is! I also haven't ever moved away from my hometown (just various places within Lincoln) so it's extra weird for me!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on both!!! We are totally missing each other in Lincoln lol and yeah packing is kind of the worst so impressive you are doing it while pregnant! So excited for Kate to have a sibling!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)