Around here

My blogging is sporadic at best, but I still like coming here and spewing words and pictures galore every once in awhile.

Lately we've begun a whirlwind couple of months where we're going to be away from home every weekend for 7 solid weeks. Spring always has a tendency to do this to us, where we travel one way or another for weeks on end, but it still surprises me every year. It's rather exhausting to be gone from home that many times in a row, but when things are scheduled as they are there's not much you can do about it, eh?


Spring is finally here, I think, as today and tomorrow we've got 75° forecast, which is absolutely lovely. Of course the day after it's forecasted to snow, but I'm pretending like that's a lie until absolutely proven wrong.


Cora is absolutely enthralled with anything to do with outside. I think if I'd shove her into the backyard and occasionally put out food for her to munch on, she'd be happy 24/7 just exploring, digging her hands into things, running around, tasting grass, from now until forever.

Of course Kitty likes it too, but she sometimes needs a bit of convincing to find something to do when we're outside. I'm hoping the next few weeks can bring lots of hours sitting on the front driveway, basking in the sunlight on a lawn chair while the two girls run around, waiting for dada to come home.



Naps around here are my current most prized possession. Cora's valiantly fighting against two naps a day (how long am I going to keep saying that until I finally give in?) but I can most days get them both to sleep at the same time in the afternoons, and it's glorious. Most days Kitty's more ready for a nap than Cora is, and I think it's because she never stops moving or talking when she's awake. She'd have a full-on conversation with me from the moment she got out of bed in the morning until we put her to bed at night, if I had the mental energy and stamina to do so. She just talks. non. stop. about. everything.

As an introvert, it's exhausting. As a work-from-home-mom, it's practically impossible to deal with. I mean, she could have way worse habits - but I'm trying to gently (or not so gently) get her to talk to Cora, talk to herself, heck I don't care as long as she doesn't ask me 8 million questions when I'm trying to work. It's...not going so well.


David's sister and brother-in-law got a new puppy, and Cora couldn't believe the difference between this tiny little toy and our giant lazy dog!


Occasionally I'm motivated enough to get the paint and paraphernalia all set up so K can do some art. She's usually content with a set of crayons and a piece of paper but painting is her new favorite thing to do. Unfortunately it holds her attention for like 20 minutes at a time, so the setup is not worth the payout most days, but it's still cute to see her get more confident and grow her skills. Especially coming from someone like me who can't even draw stick figures successfully.





Can't round out a spring post without a montage of Easter photos.
I mean, I can say this, right? THEY'RE SO CUTE.

I hope they forever love the fact that I made them wear matching dresses cause I don't see an end to that in sight. Peek here for 2017 Easter photos. You know you wanna.

Hope wherever you are, you can sit outside in the sunshine today.
HG

Comments

  1. Gosh, seriously, Cora and Aaron are SO similar. And if it helps, Landon (my oldest) has always been extremely talkative, and while it still makes my introverted brain explode sometimes, it has gotten better now that he can talk to Chase.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)