quick takes // saturday, february edition

Well, the kiddos are off with the grandparents this weekend, and David's taking a nap but I had way too much coffee this morning so here I am blogging! on a Saturday! A glamorous day indeed! How about seven quick takes to catch up? Linking up with Kelly!

1//
ICYMI, we finished the fireplace project a couple weekends ago and I finally blogged about it, so you can click on that bucko if you wanna read a 3000 word essay and a million pictures with a very fun mistake we made hidden in the middle of it. Enticing, I know. (And it's not quite 3000 words, but it is lengthy.)

2//

This little monster has decided to fight her afternoon naps with every fiber of her being, all week long. It led to a very stressed out me by Friday afternoon, and a very tired baby 24/7. I'm hoping it's just a phase or another tooth, because mama ain't getting any work done with screaming happening during her prime work hours.

3//
I'm in the middle of Abaddon's Gate, the 3rd in The Expanse series, and it is so dang good. I have to read just about 4 books per month if I'm going to hit my 50 book goal this year, and I'm a little ahead of schedule so feeling pretty good.

Has anyone seen the SyFy channel show based on this series? I think after I finish the books that are currently released, I'm going to have to try it out (the first season is on Prime, at least). I've never watched a show from SyFy so it's going to be an experience.

4//
Speaking of TV, David and I binged the first season of The Good Place in the span of 3 evenings (there's only 12 episodes), and now we're on the hunt for season 2. If you want a good PG comedy with some really quirky and adorable characters plus a plot that makes you want to keep going, I highly recommend it.


5//

I've been slowly adding to and customizing our bedroom, and it's coming together pretty nicely.

My parents got me this awesome Brooklinen duvet cover for Christmas -- and I feel like a real adult, finally having a duvet cover! TBH I didn't even know what duvets were until like...6 months ago, so...winning at life over here.

The nightstands are the ones I painted and stained a few months ago, from IKEA, and we got some different white curtains for this room because the dark ones we had were just bumming me out and making the room feel way too small. Oh, and I'm officially leaning into the throw pillows on bed movement with that long lumbar pillow there (from Target).

I have a bunch of square frames purchased to add a gallery wall across from our bed, because what I put up there I ended up kind of hating. Whoops. Maybe something we can get done this weekend since the kiddos aren't here!

6//

Speaking of kids, these two are hitting a sweet spot of playing together pretty nicely most of the time. Kitty has a tendency to decide she wants to play with whatever Cora just picked up, but a little redirection usually works. Cora is finally understanding words enough that I can also get her to go find something else if the situation arises, so yeah. It's great to watch them interact and I know Kate's just ready for Cora to really get into her imaginary games.

7//
I should probably be a little productive so I'm off to fold some laundry and listen to my current podcast binge, Someone Knows Something. Hope you have a great weekend!

head to Kelly's for more quick takers --
HG

Comments

  1. Boo to kids who give up naps and yay for grandparents who bring relief!! Thanks for using your time to blog and link up! The laundry can totally wait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)