Baby Kate

Welp, I'm back, everyone! 

she's so excited to be back on the blogging game
I was thinking about this post last night while nursing Kate for the 3rd time in 4 hours (woohoo, sleep deprivation) and wondering how I was going to summarize what life has been like with Kate out in the world and changing every bit of us.

Tiring. Hilarious. Wonderful. Stressful. Natural. Perfect.

Even though we didn't know she was her, I knew it as soon as the doctor placed her on my chest. This is the little one that had been kicking me inside for months. And now she's here, out in the world, and it's hard to believe.

Sometimes I catch myself looking at her, and can't really believe that just over a week ago she was still contentedly inside my tummy, biding her SWEET time, and now she's here with us. Like, in the flesh.

Pregnancy and birth is a miracle, isn't it?



For now, I've been doing a lot of relaxing - laying around the house while my mom comes over to clean and cook, and hosting visitors of all ages that want to come and meet Kateri (oh yes, and we're calling her Kate in case you didn't get that memo!). 

She's a pretty great baby as newborns go - she sleeps 4-5 hour increments at night most nights, is pretty content if someone is holding her, and doesn't have a huge problem falling asleep by herself. I'm grateful and crossing my fingers that all that doesn't change... I'll keep you posted.

I'm still working on her birth story - in my head, at the very least. David has had to remind me on a few of the details more than once now, so I'm going to run the entire thing by him before posting. Don't worry, the anticipation is worth it. It's a doozy, I'll just say that. (And I do feel qualified to say that with the amount of birth stories I read leading up to her birth...it was a gross number.)

Annnywho. Baby Kate is looking hungry, and I just realized that it's been about 14 hours since I ate something (whoops!) so I'll sign off for now.
Love,
HG

Comments

  1. Congrats! She's beautiful. It's so great you can take it easy and enjoy these early days as much as one can:) How do you pronounce Kateri? I've always liked St. Kateri but I haven't ever used it for a baby name because I wasn't sure how to pronounce it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Kate is just perfect! Glad to hear she's been an angel (so far!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! She's so lovely! Congratulations and blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)