The post you probably guessed was coming...


We are so excited that baby 3 is joining the Gokie clan in May of 2019!

Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference in our very rushed announcement picture, and thanks to David's sister for the cute onesie so I didn't have to do any of the work of trying to come up with something clever. Whew.

Pregnancy nausea and fatigue have really got me down this time around, and honestly in the grand scheme of things they aren't even that bad -- compared to friends I know who have it throughout pregnancy! But man, it takes it out of you to be nauseous all the time and wanting to sleep any second that you aren't nauseous. I'm just out of the first trimester so hopefully seeing the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to those symptoms, but who knows?

We'll be happily keeping baby's gender a secret again this time around, as it has proved to be the best way to 1) keep us guessing and impatient for baby's arrival at the end of pregnancy and 2) arguing about both gender name options. What can I say, we like to argue! The last two times we have had almost zero boy names we liked by the end and luckily ended up with two girls with names we loved, so we'll see if the pattern continues that way. If not...pray for us.

pregnancy essentials

so excited!!!
In a bit of realness, we weren't sure we were going to be able to have any more kids after David's cancer treatment, so we are extra extra grateful for this little life. And grateful to everyone who prayed for us! Hard to believe it was just one year ago that he was in the hospital, and here we are, with hardly any changes to our day-to-day except the little babe growing inside me.

Seriously blessed, throughout it all.
HG



Comments

  1. I'm so, so happy for you guys!! Logan and I totally fight about baby names too, so I'm glad it's not just us ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)