Cora, 9 months





Oh my dear sweet Cora, how are you already 9 months old? I can't believe you have been outside my tummy longer than you were inside. Life wouldn't be the same without you.

I have no idea on stats but here are my guesses, since we haven't had her 9 month appointment yet as per usj, and I probably won't remember to come back in and edit them...oh well...

Weight: my guess 23 lbs

Height: I'm guessing her height has stalled out because she can still fit in most of the pants and onesies that she's been in for awhile.

Firsts this month: waving, doing "so big!", pulling herself up slightly on furniture, transitioning from sitting to crawling and back again, basically being a big mobile girl!

Nicknames: I have taken to calling her Bubbie, and no I don't know why but it's my favorite nickname for her. <3

Other things to note:
+ Girlfriend just went from nursing 4 times a day to just 3 -- in the morning when she wakes up, around lunchtime, and once before bed. I'm trying to wean her by the time we leave for a Husker game weekend at the end of November and since it's almost October (eek) time is running out! She's pretty okay with it because she eats SO MUCH FOOD and is basically a bottomless pit of real-people food.
+ Honestly, I cannot describe to you how much this baby eats. She would sit in her high chair and eat 24/7 if I let her or if she didn't occasionally get tired and need to nap. It's amazing how much food she can put away.
+ We're officially off of purees too (unless there's one hiding in the cabinet that I haven't found) and down to only big people stuff! Her favorites are pizza crust, grapes, cheese, and the occasional puffs snack.
+ Her naps have been meh since we went down to 3 feeds. I was nursing her right before sleeping and we're trying to transition out of that, and it's not been easy...haha. She slept for an hour this morning, when she'd usually sleep for 1.5 or 2, and yesterday wasn't much better. Hopefully she'll ease herself into longer naps again soon. She's crankyyyy when she's tired (much more than Kate ever was while tired as a babe).
+ I guess I didn't mention in my last post that she is officially sleeping through the night! I feel like that was longer ago than just one month but apparently I'm wrong. She sleeps through the night, and I honestly feel like the amount of sleep I am getting is the same because I'm staying up later...oh well. I think she's a happier baby because of it.
+ She and Kate have started to take baths together, and it is officially my favorite part of the day. Mostly because I know where they are and they're contained and usually playing happily together.


We <3 you Cora Jane Gokie!
HG

Comments

  1. Ah, she suddenly looks so grown up! That second picture (pouty face) is adorable and I seriously cannot get over those lashes 😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)