five favorites // spring survival.

Oh man, it's been absolute ages since the last time I did a Five Favorites post. But Ashley has been kind in renewing the linkup and I couldn't resist joining in!

No sort of theme to this list, just things that are getting me through this interminable winter that is finally starting to look like spring even though it's supposed to snow again this weekend. (EYE ROLL EMOJI TIMES A MILLION.)

Here goooooes!

o n e
Plants from my local nursery


If anything says spring more than fresh pots and little plants, I don't know what it is. I'm in the midst of repotting them this afternoon, and I also got a string of pearls to hang by our window and some bulbs planned for pots in our backyard. Spring, get at me. Our yard is turning green little by little and I'm anticipating some nicer and fuller gardening this year, and I'm happy about it.

t w o
Ouidad curl cream (<---- amazon aff link there)

Okay, I keep meaning to take a selfie when I actually use this stuff, but so far that moment of alone time hasn't happened but this. stuff. is. amazing. I got the recommendation from Katie who is inspiring all around, and I can't thank her enough for passing on the good news. If you have curly hair, and have been pretty much betrayed by every other curl cream you've ever tried (even pricey ones!!! looking at you, pillow curls), give this a shot. You have to follow the directions, but so worth it.

t h r e e
Our new dining table




I'll probably break out the real camera and take some better before/after photos of the dining room, as well as break down the progress of the dining room table build in a post of its own, but I couldn't resist adding this to my favorites because it is my favorite thing in our house right now. David built the thing from scratch, with some trapezoid steel legs from Etsy, and I love love love it. I was involved very little in the whole process, minus telling him ideas I didn't like, and he produced this! Isn't that seriously incredible?

f o u r
Matching Easter dresses


Since last year's photo shoot with the girls in their matching Easter dresses was my favorite photo taken in 2017, I figured I had to keep the tradition going, right? These cuties are from Old Navy and they were so cheap, and also I had to buy a 2T and a 4T so how are my girls both big enough for that?? Link here if you wanna, they're cute so I wouldn't blame you (sold out in big girl sizes but 12m and 18m still available!).

f i v e
KC trip planning

For Christmas David gave me a gift card that in a nutshell said: weekend trip without the girls sometime in the future. In May we are going to finally make that happen! It will be a fantastic break from the monotony that is child-rearing, and also a chance to explore KC. (Of course I've been there a few times, but never spent a touristy time there, so should be fun!) We have tickets to a Sporting KC game, and plans for IKEA, obviously, and lots of restaurants to try and fit into 3 days' worth of eats. (Thanks FB friends for all the suggestions!) I'm counting down the days until we go.

/ / / / /
Head to Ashley's to check out more five favorites!
HG


Comments

  1. All the heart eyes for that first picture! I keep planning to head to the nursery...and then it snows or dips below freezing. Seriously, spring, where the heck are you?!
    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)