Scenes from a naptime





Naptime around here is a sacred hour (or two). Usually I'm successful at getting Kitty and Cora down at the same time, and I cherish the silence when they're both sleeping and I can get stuff done. Most days I try to read, or get some chore done, or go back to work if I haven't gotten enough done in the morning. I spend some precious moments in the bathroom by myself, without someone shouting or crying, and I have a snack or finish my lunch.

Right now looking out at the backyard it's a frigid wasteland, but I'm envisioning a nice span of grass and a book in my hand out there during naptime in the spring and summer (if the bugs aren't too bad). There's laundry and Cora's 3 month photo prop sitting on the dining room table. I keep remembering to put it away when she's sleeping, and the photos should have been taken on Monday and they still haven't been...

David installed a new-to-us wall oven this weekend, found on Craigslist for a steal of $100. The one that came with our house when we bought it was broken, known to us at time of purchase. We hadn't decided if we were going to redo the kitchen right away so the object of buying a new oven kept slipping further and further back, especially after we had seen the price of new ones. Luckily we happened to check on Craigslist one night and there was an oven! In our price range! One Saturday morning later, he had torn the old one out and put the new one in. It's glorious to have a working oven and once Lent gets over I'm going to be baking all sorts of things!

Welp, enough random rambling for today's naptime.
Ta,
HG

Comments