7QT #56: Baptism, trees, and Anthro, oh my!

Everyone is napping simultaneously (and have been for 2 hours at this point) so I'm going to test my luck real quick and smash out a blog post while I've got the energy and the motivation. Linking up with Kelly for quick takes!

1.
Whoof. Lent. It hit me like a ton of bricks this year, for some reason - I was totally unprepared for its start and feel pretty inadequate in the face of it all. This year David and I decided to give up Netflix and going out to eat, aka pretty much the only two things we do for fun...I kind of wish I were kidding about that but that's what the majority of our free time revolves around, especially on the weekends, and within approximately 18 hours of Lent starting we were already missing it so I think that's a sign it was a good choice.

Instead I'm going to try and do a lot of reading and attempt to keep on top of the laundry, although I'm sitting typing this with two unfolded baskets right in front of me so clearly, not exactly a priority. Maybe I'll blog more too! Who knows where the winds of free time might take me.

2.
Cora Jane was baptized on February 12, and I still haven't blogged about it. It was a great, low-key event with just our immediate families and the priest who baptized her, David's old chaplain from high school Fr. Roza. David's sister and brother-in-law were her godparents, and she was a total champ through the whole thing. She'd try to drift off to sleep right before the next step, and then be rudely awakened by another thing but she didn't hardly fuss or cry. We had pizza & cake at our house afterwards to celebrate!

I knitted her this ridiculously cute (or just ridiculous, if you're of the opinion) bonnet to wear for the car ride over, but I need to find time to finish the straps and tighten up the one side so she can actually wear it. By the time I get around to it, it'll probably be hot so sorry in advance, Cora, if you never wear it again.

Some pictures, how about!



this photo courtesy david's dad, cause we didn't get very many on our camera!

I think I need to sew her some for the spring because she just looks so gosh-darn cute in them, and I have a bunch of fabric burning a hole in my pocket.

3.
In house renovation and improvement news, we finally cut down our huge and almost-completely-hollow-rotten tree in the backyard. If you follow me on Snapchat I apologize for the mountain of snaps I took while watching them, but it was a momentous occasion...and they had to cut the power/internet to do it, so we were twiddling our thumbs at home.

Right now it's a big blank slate, and the grass that WAS there has been mostly trampled on or ruined because of the equipment they drove in and out, so we're debating on what to do this spring to spruce it up. Possibly sod, if we can afford it, or maybe just get rid of everything we've got and seed from scratch. If you've had experience with either I'd love to hear it!

Before...


After!

Weirdly enough, it makes our yard look smaller. I would have guessed the opposite but there's probably some logical math-y explanation for it being the way it is.

4.
Last weekend I spent a few child-free hours shopping and went into the ritzy mall here in Omaha with Anthropologie in it. Guys. GUYS. Anthropologie. I've never been inside before and holy crap, I want everything they have. I mean, I've definitely browsed online before but never seriously considered anything because $$$. Unfortunately I tried on this awesome jumper and fell in love with it, but it didn't come home with me for $130. It was soooo cute though AND nursing friendly AND insanely comfortable.

it was MUCH cuter in person and I can't get the better green color photo to load so this will have to do
So now I'm on the hunt for a cheaper alternative. Even though I have no idea where I'd wear it and it's totally a trend item, I still want one. (Who am I? When these became popular I swore I'd never like them!) This one from Modcloth is cute but I think I like the longer pants look. (Seriously. WHO AM I.)

5.
The babies woke up. But they both slept from 2:00 to 4:45 so I am nooooot complaining. The concurrent nap in the afternoon is truly one of the only things that keep me sane on some of these long, cold days when I have a bazillion deadlines and the toddler is going crazy. I'm desperately clinging to them as long as I can, and dreaming of reading on the back patio in the sunshine for more than just one day a month.

6.
This little babe is a champ and tolerates everything extremely well except chili. I've had it 3 times now since having her and every day afterwards (when it gets around to her) she is pretty miserable. Guess I will have to swear off for a few more months until her stomach settles out a bit.

She's obviously not lacking in the cheeks department.


7.
Whew, I'm getting really tired and David just went to rent Arrival for us to watch tonight so I'm going to end this post riiiiight here. Have a happy weekend!
HG

Comments