oh weekend, where did you go?




Oh hey, Monday. I really found myself wishing for more hours this weekend. I haven't had that feeling in a long time but man, I could have used another few hours for laundry sorting, deep cleaning, and just relaxing.

Friday evening David and I took Kate to look at some buffalo & elk at our local nature center (Pioneers Park for you Lincolnites). She kept calling them puppies and woofing at them, especially when one of them came lumbering towards the fence to eat. We let her run around for awhile in the chilly weather and then went on some swings. We also hit up Raising Cane's for dinner on our way home because...yes.

I got David the Cities & Knights expansion for Settlers of Catan for his birthday, and we realized Friday night that we hadn't played it yet. So after an hour of reading the directions out loud, and some frustrated mistakes, we set out playing. David destroyed me. But it was fun anyway.

Saturday morning I headed to Starbucks to try and catch up/work ahead on some work projects. There's something so nice about working like an adult at a coffee shop, without a toddler bringing you toys every 10 minutes and you don't have to worry about them spilling your coffee or dragging your keyboard around the house when you're not looking. The people watching is also a huge perk when you're waiting for files to load. :) The addition of a delicious caramel latte doesn't hurt, either.

We then spent the rest of the day cleaning out our closet & dressers (got rid of 4 garbage sacks of clothes!), watching the Huskers win (ugh, finally, a game that didn't give me a heart attack in the last minute of play), and then played more Catan that night - while binge watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine. (Yes, David destroyed me again. I'm already planning my revenge...)

Sunday morning was our usual rotation of 8 a.m. Mass, grocery shopping, then breakfast at home. I spent the rest of the day folding laundry, working on my gallery wall (I'm sooooo close!), entertaining Kitty, and making dinner while David finished insulating and sealing our new basement windows. (They still have to be painted inside and out but we're close - we only started them over a year ago...)

Totally unrelated but this Buzzfeed article made me literally laugh out loud. I now understand why people in TV shows don't "recognize" their friends who have tiny masks on because...who is this woman and what has she done with Zooey Deschanel?

Go kick Monday's butt for me.
HG

Comments