9 months

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kateri Amelia is 9 months old! She's officially been out in the world longer than she was inside me (as of like, 2 days ago, since February is whack with no 30th day). Even typing that sentence seems crazy to me.

Let's talk deets.

Weight: 18.2 lbs, according to our wildly inaccurate home scale. We have a checkup next week, which will give me a probably more accurate number, but for now I'm sticking to it and hoping she's maybe a little heavier than that?

Height: Little girl is too squirmy to measure without assistance from another adult, so I'm guessing here - about 32"? Wow, how useful are these completely inaccurate stats, future Hannah?

Firsts this month: C-R-A-W-L-I-N-G. Big time. There is no obstacle too big, or piece of trash too small to escape her. She's much happier now that she can move places, and it's endlessly entertaining. Especially when she specifically crawls to her bookshelf of books to pull them off and "read" them.

Nicknames:
Squishy Tushy - I don't know if I've mentioned that one here on the blog but it is in high frequency around here, especially right before bath time. Baby buns are just the best.

Other things to note:
-Praise God for crawling babies. Although she's not too pleased when she gets stuck under something, a crawling Kate who can go get the toy she just threw away from herself is MUCH more pleasant than an immobile Kate who whines until you retrieve said toy for her for the 1000th time. 'Nuff said.
-She can also stand unassisted for about half a second before she tumbles. She's working her way towards pulling herself up on things, but hasn't hit success yet.
-The weather has been terrible lately, but I'm starting to look forward to springtime when we can actually take her outside and she can enjoy it. (I just jinxed myself, didn't I?)
-She's not an expert at sippy cup drinking yet. She loves to chew on the tip, and I think can suck a little bit if she really tries, but it's not a viable source of drinking yet. Experienced mamas of those who never took a bottle: got any tips for me? Or special sippy cups she would like? I'm doing internet research as best I can but so far not much luck.
-She loves her doorway jumper. I need to get a picture of her in it one of these days, but she will bounce and bounce and bounce in it until the cows come home. It's really adorable and tires her out very solidly, which is always good for guaranteed nap times.
-No teeth. She's drooling more and more, but nothing has popped through those gums yet. I can tell on days when the pain's greater than others, but all that work seems to have been in vain for now.
-I didn't do a great job of taking pictures of her this month, but I'm going to try again during March to get more photos of her. Wish me luck!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
too big for that tiny baby bath! we have to get our tub fixed...

We love you, Babycakes!!
HG

Comments

  1. Such a cutie!!! I would just keep trying with whatever sippy cup you have (I swear they all leak eventually) and she will figure it out, they are smart little suckers!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! Check back here for my reply. :)