7QT #31: baby pics & parenting thoughts

If I had written a Quick Takes post every day for a stretch of time, I'd have written them for a full month now. 31 posts! Crazy talk. To commemorate, I'm going to include a lot of unrelated selfies/cell phone pictures and some random motherhood thoughts. Gear up, y'all.

1.
Headaches from babies scream/talking are real. At least, for me.
In that same vein, a baby's "scream" for attention can easily turn back into a full-blown belly laugh if you make a goofy face and distract them from whatever made them scream in the first place.



2.
Even if a bottle says that it is childproof, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS CHILDPROOF.
I forgot to take a picture of it, but pretend Exhibit A is before you of a recently emptied bottle of (thank goodness) Homeopathic Teething Tablets. Dumped unceremoniously on the carpet.
That's my girl.



3.
Parenting is really, really fun, especially when you can get your daughter to laugh uncontrollably for a solid 5 minutes because of a crinkling package.



4.
Sometimes, your kid won't nap.
And sometimes, it will make you want to pull your f-r-e-a-k-i-n-g hair out.
Because naps are vital, incredibly important, and really the basis of every mom's happy day.

But, you can survive without them. Unhappily, but you can survive.



5.
Baby colds are no fun. They require lots of extra cuddling, a good amount of cheering up, and sometimes can turn your nose red and your eyes puffy.


6.
Bedtime is a glorious, lovely time. And it sometimes it feels wrong to relish it, or look forward to it, but hey - babies need to sleep, right? It's not a bad thing to want that...


7.
Parenting is so much easier with a partner.
After now 8 months of this parenting gig, I am so grateful and appreciative that I have a willing and fantastic partner to do it with. On nights when David works late, which have been often recently, I wonder how single moms do it. The emotional drain by itself is crazy - I can't imagine that plus all of the work, all the time, with no one to lean on for support, or send crazed text messages to in the middle of the day. I'm so grateful David is an awesome co-parent with me.



 I'm feeling the love today, if you can't tell.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Linking up with Kelly for 7QT.
HG

Comments