1. Pretty sure Baby Kate gets cuter and cuter as the days go by, and smarter and stronger too. She's 4 weeks old today and I can't believe how different she seems from when she was born.
|her selfie game is already baller status|
Motherhood, man. It's surreal.
(Pssst if you want to read part one of her birth story, clickee here. Part two this week, I promise.)
2. This week was my first back working - although I'm not back to 40 hours yet, it's been more of an adjustment than I thought it was going to be. I'm super blessed to be at home with Kate, but it's difficult differentiating time with her versus time I should be working. It's also hard looking at her feeling like I should be devoting all my energy and focus to her 24/7 (I mean, in a normal way) and I'm not, I'm working instead. I may have cried once or twice thinking about it, or while I happened to look at her in her swing with the cutest face ever while I was responding to work emails...
Blogging time has also definitely decreased since most of my "breaks" have been spent nursing her, or eating myself. Next week I'm shooting for 40 hours "in-office," so we will see how that goes. I'm sure I'll keep crying and adjusting as we go, but man...it's hard so far.
3. This Sara Bareilles album has been getting me through the work week - and Kate seems to love her too, so win-win.
I bought her first album in high school before she was really popular, but stopped listening to her during college. I'm back now though and loving it. She has a way of writing songs that are catchy, emotional, and honest in ways that are hard to find in other artists. If you haven't listened to this whole album yet I highly recommend it.
4. Did you read Jenny's post this week? As per everything that she writes, it's pretty much pure gold for women and mothers everywhere.
It's been great meditation for me as I come to terms with my first postpartum body and all that entails.
5. In that same vein, I'm unfortunately in need of a swimsuit for family vacations coming up here very very soon. Send me your recommendations for places online to shop that are somewhat nursing friendly and not uber expensive?
I've had my eye on this Charade swimsuit from Albion Fit for ages but it's a little pricey for me right now. Got any knockoff ideas for me? Extra points if it's a store I can go buy it from right now... ahem...Target, or some such thing, in other words.
6. Do you read Amanda and Jonathan's blog, True Good and Beautiful? First of all, if you don't, you should. They are two amazing FOCUS missionaries living in Colorado, and actually Amanda lived in the house I did in college a few years before I got there! (#avilalala for life!)
|image courtesy TrueGoodandBeautiful.net|
Do you know someone in search of an adoptive family? Do you have time to mention them on social media, or maybe donate to their campaign? You can read all about their journey here, and donate to their cause here. If you can't do either, they can always use your prayers too!
7. David's a big soccer fan, and I'm slowly getting in to the sport myself (sorry it's taken me so long, honey!) so I've been sort of keeping up with the World Cup action.
If you want to watch a hilarious parody video about the difference between American football and "futbol," you'll get a hit out of this Jason Sudekis NBC video.
Hilarious, and oh-so-accurate.
Happy weekend to everyone, and til next time - check out Conversion Diary for the rest of this week's takes!