1. We finally bought and got (what a rhyme) our stroller in the mail this week. Hooray!
I'll admit, I trolled through many a blog to read recommendations on strollers because, holy heck, why are there so many options? Jogger, jogger convert, travel system with jogger option, umbrella, umbrella hybrid, heavy duty...it's really unbelievable how many options there were.
I finally went with this Kiddy City 'n Move Stroller because of Grace's recommendation and a ton of other bloggers/reviewers seemed to love it. Although we haven't tried it out with our actual kid in it yet (since he/she is still firmly in utero), I already love it. The color is awesome, the features seem easy to navigate, and it looks like a winner.
2. Caitlin comes home on Sunday!!!!!! (so many exclamation points because I am just that excited!)
|thanks for the photo, Kelly!|
Also, Caitlin aren't you glad I picked an actual nice photo of us this time? I almost went with a few...choice...other options, but I figured I'd pull that out for a special occasion.
3. So I'm getting nervous/ready for labor, and impatient as you might remember, and so I bought this:
It was $11.99 at Walgreens and let's pray it was worth it, because I'm a little skeptical but willing to try pretty much anything at this point. Anyone heard of success stories using EPO (that's what the cool kids on BabyCenter forums call it) to induce/get ready for labor?
4. I've also been spending hours a day on my exercise ball, either at my desk during the day (which is supposed to be great for you no matter if you're preggo or not) or watching TV at night and looking something like this lady, but less color coordinated, of course.
And with less of the looking up at the sky, asking God to just get this going look on my face. (It's all internal, yo.)
I've heard it's supposed to help get the baby's head to engage in your pelvis as well as just loosen up your hips and pelvis for the birthing process. Like in take #3, I am ready to try pretty much anything at this point.
5. Probably you won't care about this if you aren't from Nebraska, but our stupid tourism committee changed the state's tourism slogan to "Nebraska Nice." Ugh. Excuse me while I go vomit in the corner real quick.
|me + fraaands in front of a sign somewhere in the middle of nowhere, NE|
GRRRR. It makes my blood boil.
6. I've been reading review after review of Stitch Fix, including Haley's this week, and as soon as this baby gets here and I'm able to try on clothes that are actually my normal size, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and give it a try. Why not, right? I am a sucker for spending a lot of money on clothes that never last me very long (ahem, Target) and since I'm like an adult now, I should try to buy more quality pieces that last me longer.
Glad I made that decision. Now I have to convince David that it's worth it...stay tuned.
7. Pregnancy dreams have been all over the map this week. First I dreamt that I was late to a dance recital that I was the star pupil in (never took a dance class in my life, unless you count a week in high school for a musical), then I had a great one that somehow involved me befriending a family of live grizzly bears that could talk to me and gave me mothering advice.
Yep. Sounds about right.
Head over to Jen's for more weekly takes, and check out her new book Something Other Than God, which I decided I'm treating myself to as a "push present" (hahaha) when this baby gets here.