1. My poor David had to have an emergency appendectomy on Monday evening. (Are those things ever non-emergent?) He woke up in the middle of the night with real bad stomach pain that wouldn't go away, and after basically laying in bed/on the bathroom floor for 6 hours, we decided it was bad so I took him to el hospital.
|proof in the not-fun-pudding|
By 4:00 that afternoon he was in surgery and by 9:00 he was home (miracles of modern science, I know). He was out of it for awhile but is doing better every day. Thanks to all y'all who prayed for him - we both appreciate it.
2. On a much lighter note, I've been really enjoying playing around with Canva.com recently. It's like PicMonkey, only different? Really actually very similar but with different sorts of options, and I'm a sucker for trying out stuff like that. Here's something I whipped up quick the other day:
By all means use it if you have a need for one - we don't have a printer at home, let alone a color printer, so for now it's just sitting on my hard drive waiting to be loved by someone.
3. The cloud-based software I use for my job went through a major upheaval/update in the last week, so I'm spending a bunch of time right before my maternity leave trying to learn a new way of doing things, which I will probably forget and have to re-learn once Baby G gets here anyway.
4. Grace had her bebe!
Obviously this is not necessarily my own quick take, but let's be honest, we've all been looking forward to meeting the little one for so long that it kinda feels like it.
Plus when I found out I was pregnant, Grace announced hers at practically the same time, so it was always refreshing to hear her count down the weeks. Here's hoping that means Baby G is coming sometime soon!
5. I've become obsessed with these Sseko Sandals after reading an article about them in Verily.
Yeah they're a bit pricey but come on...one pair of sandals that can turn into 50? I am all for that. Plus the money goes to a good cause. As Michael Scott would say, "Win, win, win."
I'm really loving this Knotty Tie version:
Basically to die for. Check out their website for videos of all the ways you can tie them!
6. We are THIS CLOSE to being done with the nursery. All we have left is finishing the doors, installing them, and sprucing up the mirror that came with the dresser we already refinished.
Obviously this is not the finished product but I haven't taken pics of everything yet so all you get is one coat of primer, our garbage can, and a garage still full of construction trash.
7. We had a lovely bout of thunderstorms and rain this week, which means our grass is now all officially green...and in need of a trim that we can't quite give it until we buy a new lawnmower.
Any garden/grass experts out there that want to give us brand recommendations? We are all ears!
Head to Jen's for more fun fun fun.