Let's see how I did for March on my goals, shall we?
- Observe Lent with a sense of hope: This is a hard one to quantify, but I think I did an okay job on this during March - I give myself a solid B. Lent has almost flown by, and since David and I are so busy sometimes I'm so distracted that it's hard to set intentional time to pray every day. I'm also not halfway through Luke's Gospel yet, but I'm planning to pick up some steam here in the next few weeks.
- Prepare for baby: Welllll, we're not done with the baby's room yet, but I do feel a lot more prepared as the days go by. We're halfway done with our Lamaze class, I've done more planning and shopping for baby, and have been doing a ton of reading on baby-birthing and baby-care. We still need to get our car seat and get it installed, and have a lot of other small things to finish up, but it shouldn't take us too long.
- Be intentional with my time: Again, I only did average on this goal. I took less naps than I anticipated, but the days just seemed to fly by without any rhyme or reason, so I didn't feel like I was being intentional about my time. Oh well, there's always next month, right?
Let's move on, shall we?
1. Get ready for Baby G
We really have no option but to get this done this month. Baby G could be just a few weeks early and be born at the end of April, so we've gotta get ready! We have a few touchups left on the nursery left to do, and then we need to make sure we've got all our essentials for newborn life organized and prepped for him/her to get here. This includes buying a dresser/changing table, hanging art, and general cleaning - as well as packing the hospital bag! Yay!
2. Try to slow down - at least occasionally
David and I exchanged work/personal schedules this morning, trying to organize everything we've got going on in April. It's already looking insanely busy - and it doesn't even hit until tomorrow! Because we're going to be busy (think 2 weddings, bachelorette party, baby shower, doctor's appointments, work meetings, traveling, and #1 in this list), I want to make sure and slow down to enjoy this last little bit of pregnancy while I can. That means occasionally slowing down - taking a night off for a date night, relaxing together, and mentally taking it easy while we still can.
3. Get our social life on
Baby G is going to change the way we spend time - and probably pretty drastically the first few weeks. I want to make sure and spend time with friends this month, while it's still just me and not me + baby. This includes some long-overdue phone dates, dinner dates, and hopefully more correspondence catch-up than March included. Plus, this month is Easter so we're going to have to party for that reason alone, right?
4. Practice with my new camera
Because I had such a specific reason for buying my new camera, I really want to get some intentional practice in with it this month, for baby's sake. We don't have the budget right now for a lot of family portraits or baby sessions, so I'm hoping in April I can practice enough to make my time and purchase worth it!
5. Enjoy the spring weather
It was 78° yesterday, and got up to 70° today too - I want to take advantage of this beauty while it lasts...because most of the time Nebraska transitions directly from "chilly" to "desert" in the span of a week. I don't want to miss it this time around! This hopefully will include a lot of walks (which have the added benefit of making baby come quicker) and reading on our newly-washed porch.
How about you? What are your goals for April?